I’ve been noticing all these hashtag driven giveaway contests on Twitter. Usually they involve bored housewives or teenagers begging for various items. These contests have some unintentional entertainment value as you get to see how desperate people are for free hair care products, deodorant, or whatever else corporations are promoting.
I have managed to accumulate a bunch of stuff over my 39 years of existence. Much of it lingers in boxes stuffed away in the garage. They range from the worthless to the somewhat valuable, however all of it is unique. I’m sure some of these items would bring a few bucks on eBay, but I’m not going to speculate. Instead I’m going to give some of them away.
Here’s how my contest is going to work. Once per day I will post an item from my collection that I will give away. Anyone wanting the item will use the hashtag #IWantMikesJunk. I’m not requiring that you mention me @MikeFrankovich, but I’m more likely to see it if you do. Contestants will beg creatively for, tell a joke about, or tell me why the item will complete their lives. I will pick a winner from all the entries up to 24 hours after posting on Twitter.
1. Please don’t complain about the item, that it took me forever to ship, or that it doesn’t complete your life the way you thought it would. It’s free, and thus on an “as is” basis.
2. I’m paying the shipping for the first two weeks from the start of the contest (December 22, 2013 thru January 5th, 2013) after that all bets are off. Winners not in the United States must pay shipping via PayPal. I’m not responsible if the item is illegal in your country due to draconian laws.
3. You must be following me at @MikeFrankovich on Twitter to enter. This ain’t a free ride, plus you need to be following me so I can send you a DM if you win.
4. I’m not responsible if I didn’t see your tweet. Make sure your account is not set to “private.” Also if your account gets suspended for trolling Beliebers, that ain’t my fault either.
5. Entries featuring heart shaped emojis will automatically be disqualified. This is my contest, and I make the rules.
6. Mike Frankovich, that’s me, is the sole judge of the contest. I will pick the best tweet using my judgement based on humor and creativity.
7. Items will be posted at random times on Frankovich.com, before being posted on Twitter. Each item’s contest goes for exactly 24 hours from when it is posted on Twitter. Entries after that will be disqualified, especially if they’re not funny.